PALAMPUR:- Palampur is the very beautiful hill station in Kangra district Himachal Pradesh. Palampur is also known for its tea beautiful and world famous tea garden. Palampur is an important city located in Kangra district. During the second half of 19th century, with success of tea estates in Palampur area, the original settlement started developing. In 1888, it was made a tehsil headquarter, by shifting the same from Bhawarna. The tea estate owners impressed upon the administration to bring infrastructure like St. Paul’s School, colleges and hospital.
Markets in Palampur:- The markets in Palampur are one of the most upscale markets in the Kangra District of Himachal Pradesh. All types of Showrooms, Complexes, and renowned Brands, have come up in Palampur markets. Markets has numerous shops like grocery, fruit shops, vegetables shops, stationery shops, almost everything which you may require. There are a few places where you can taste authentic local food too.
TOURISM IN PALAMPUR:- Palampur is very beautiful place it is world famous for tourism. Behind the town stands high ranges of Dhauladhar mountains (white hill of snow), whose tops remain covered for most of the year. A ropeway and an amusement park are on the way to be established here. An agricultural university is functioning nearby. An Ayurvedic hospital and one Ayurvedic medical college is in Paprola is about 10 km away. Some tea factories are in operation. Palampur.
Several trek routes lead out of Palampur.particularly over the Dhauladhar Mountains towards the districts of Chamba and Kullu, Himachal Pradesh. Some important treks are over the Sanghar pass to Bharmaur via Holi, the Thamsar Pass (4,747 metres above MSL) from Billing to Manali via Bara Bhangal, over the Jalsu pass from Baijnath to Bharmaur, and the forest trek from Mcleodganj to Triund. A four-day trek will lead the traveler to Holi, via Waru La.
VISITOR ATTRACTIONS IN PALAMPUR:-
1. Shobha Singh Art Gallery.
2. Neugal Cafe is very popular cafe in Palampur. It is owned and runed by Himachal touris department. The view of Dhauladhar mountains are very beautiful from this cafe.
3. Bir Billing is also very famous all over the world in Palampur and the distance between bir-billing site from plamapur is only 32 kilometres.
4. Biajnath Shiva Temple it is known to be one of the oldest temple of Lord Shiva. The temple lies between Kangra and Mandi districts of Himachal Pradesh. It is just 16 km from major city Palampur.
5. Gopalpur Zoo is the main attractin for tourists. This zoological park, officially known as Dhauladhar Nature Park, developed by Himachal Pradesh government.
6. Chamunda Devi Temple is also known as chamundeshwari. Chamunda devi is hindu devine mother. Chamunda devi name formed as Chanda and Munda two monsters whom Chamunda killed. She is carefully related with Kali, another fierce aspect of Devi. Chamunda devi sometime recognized with with goddesses Parvati, Chandi or Durga as properly.
7. Saurabh van vihar is 4 kilometer away from Palampur. Named after the valiant Army officer, Captain Saurabh Kalia, Saurabh Van Vihar is on the banks of Neugal stream. Managed by the Himachal Pradesh Forest Department, the Van Vihar was set up with the purpose of providing information to the tourists about the nature and environment. The Vihar sprawls over an area of 35 acres and there is a green park located here. The area is surrounded by the Dhauladhar mountains and offers a scenic view. Read more:-https://www.himkhoj.com/location/palampur/